When you're ready play live, the PRO-1 Ultra can plug into any size PA or amplifier with the Shadow® Performer™ preamp and NanoFlex™ pickup system, the same pickup system found in Epiphone’s legendary Masterbilt guitars as well as many other classic Epiphones. The PRO-1 Ultra also features a Solid Spruce top for superior sound with beautiful 5-layer Ivory and Black binding just like Epiphone’s vintage classics along with all of the PRO Collection's breakthrough innovations. Epiphone, one of the world’s oldest and most respected guitar makers, has just made playing and learning guitar easy for everyone.
Designed by Professionals to be EASY to PLAY!
Creating a truly easy-to-play guitar wasn’t easy. And at Epiphone, we take making a great guitar seriously, no matter what the player’s level. So Epiphone rethought the guitar from top to bottom to make an instrument that anyone can play right away. The result is a truly “PRO” guitar that’s easy-to-play, easy-to-own, and most importantly, delivers the full, vibrant sound Epiphone is known for. The PRO-1 Ultra acoustic/electric guitar is the result of exhaustive analysis, numerous technological innovations, and suggestions from a “who’s who” of professional players. And now it’s time to plug in and play!
EASY TO PLAY FEATURES
The PRO-1 Ultra acoustic/electric guitar has all of the PRO-1 Collection’s innovative easy-to-play features:
- Less fatigue. Wrap your hand around the PRO-1 Ultra neck and you’ll immediately feel how comfortable it is. Our new EZ-Profile™ neck is designed so your hand can easily form chords without feeling fatigued.
- Effortless Fretting. Epiphone JumboPRO™ frets make fretting notes and chords seem effortless. JumboPRO™ frets are taller and wider than smaller frets. So, when you push down a string, it’s easier to make string contact with the fret with less hand fatigue and finger friction.
- Shorter is Easier. Scale length is the distance from the saddle to the nut. The shorter the scale length, the “looser” the strings feel. Because the PRO-1’s scale length is almost 1” shorter than most acoustic guitars, the strings are under less tension so you don’t have to press hard to get good tone. And – since the frets are closer together-- making chords is easier!
- Make friction fiction. String and fingerboard friction not only slows your playing but also can hurt. Our PRO-Ease™ string and fingerboard coating provides sleek, smooth action with reduced string noise.
- No pain, no gain? Nonsense—Epiphone believes in “no pain.” Lighter gauge strings are easier to play so every PRO-1 is set-up and equipped with Epiphone Ultra-Light strings.
- Easy action. With Epiphone’s Dual-Action truss rod, you can adjust the neck in both directions, which not only stabilizes the neck but also makes set-up easier and more precise.
Body type: Dreadnought
Cutaway: Single cutaway
Top wood: Spruce Solid
Back & sides: Mahogany Select
Bracing pattern: Custom
Body finish: Satin
Orientation: Right handed
Neck shape: C
Nut width: 1.68" (42.67mm)
Neck wood: Mahogany
Scale length: 24.75"
Number of frets: 20
Neck finish: Satin
Configuration: Undersaddle piezo
Preamp EQ: 2-band
Feedback filter: Phase switch
Headstock overlay: Other
Tuning machines: Deluxe
Saddle & nut: GraphTech NuBone
Number of strings: 6-string
Special features: Easy to play
Country of origin: China